I came across Google’s Namebench program while researching internet connection slowness and found that I could increase my DNS lookup time by 191%. This may not work as well for you but it’s worth a try. I am on a city fiber network (Spanish Fork City Network) that I’m pretty sure is getting too big for it’s servers. When I typed in www.google.com for example, it would take up to 5 seconds sometimes for the web page to resolve. After using the recommended DNS IP adresses from namebench the resolve time is under a second. It recommended using Comcast’s DNS servers. Learn more at http://code.google.com/p/namebench/
- Drag-and-drop PDF creation (NEW). PrimoPDF is the only free PDF converter to support one-click, drag-and-drop PDF creation — saving you time whenever you need to create a PDF file.
- Downloaded 15,000,000+ times. PrimoPDF is the world’s most popular free PDF creator.
- 100% industry-standard PDF files. Easily create PDF files that can be opened in any PDF viewer, including Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, and Nitro PDF Professional.
- Convert 300+ file types to PDF. Convert any file that prints to PDF, including Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), Excel (XLS, XLSX), PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX), Visio (VSD), Publisher (PUB), WordPerfect (WPD), OpenOffice, HTML, TXT, BMP, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and many more.
- Consistent PDF creation. Use PrimoPDF’s creation profiles to produce the same kind of PDF file every time. Profiles include Screen, eBook, Print, Prepress, and Custom.
- Append PDF files. Combine each newly created PDF file into the one PDF.
- Secure PDF. Protect and encrypt your information with strong password-based PDF security.
- PDF metadata. Set the document properties information fields, — including author, title, subject, and keywords — to index your PDF files and make them easier to search.
- PDF versions. Create different version PDF files: 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5
mdsched is a built in memory analyzer that will help you diagnose your RAM problems on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Bytescout Screen Capturing can record screen video to AVI. It allows you to easily capture full screen, region around the mouse cursor or selected rectangular area.
Screen Capturing automatically saves screen recording as AVI video file. The screen recorder also supports audio recording which can be disabled in Settings dialog window if required. Thus, you can capture screen video to AVI with sound.
- record entire screen, region or dynamic region around the mouse;
- mouse cursor can be recorded and highlighted with a hot spot;
- supports audio recording including live recording from a microphone;
- supports different video compression modes (can use almost any video compression codec installed on your computer);
- output video files are ready to be uploaded to YouTube;
I am looking for the option to search for Pictures, music or video like we had in Windows XP. It appears that the option is removed in Windows Vista. How do I search for Pictures, music and videos?
Although the “Pictures, music or video” search option is non-existent in Windows Vista, search is much more organized in Windows Vista. To accomplish what you want, you use advanced search operators. To search for pictures, music and videos at a stretch, type the following in the Instant Search box.
kind:music OR kind:pictures OR kind:videos
It should list all music, picture and video files present in the search location(s).